Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image16.12.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsIn regular interviews published on the EnerSHelF website, project partners and researchers are giving insight into their work within the project.
- Image06.11.2020ChinaWater managementWithin the scope of SIGN2, membrane modules from Inge were coated with the innovative layer-by-layer technology from Surflay. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the further developed membranes could not be installed as planned at the location of the pilot plant at the waterworks in Wujiang (China), which had previously been sampled several times. Nonetheless, in order to test the new membranes on a pilot scale, an alternative site in Germany was selected.
- Image04.11.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsA team of German and Ghanaian researchers and technicians installed equipment for collecting meteorological data at the health facilities in Kumasi, Akwatia and Kologo.
- Image27.10.2020GhanaWater management, Climate protection/ energy efficiencyFinal papers on water balance models and rainwater management plans in Ghana. Since the start of the BMBF-funded joint project RAIN, three students have already been able to complete their final theses within this project.
- Image23.10.2020Natural hazardsIn October, the project team began drilling to collect soil samples and install soil sensors for the early warning aystem for slope movements in informal settlements in the steep mountain slopes of Medellín.
- Image20.10.2020GhanaWater management, Climate protection/ energy efficiencyImplementation of a second measuring campaign at four rainwater retention areas by our partner Envaserv in Accra, Ghana.
- Image09.10.2020VietnamWater managementKarlsruhe scientists are working to combat land subsidence and the increasing salinisation of water and groundwater
- ImageVirtual stakeholder engagement in Togo and Benin: Participatory research continues in times of COVID-1928.08.2020Togo, BeninAdaptation to climate changeThe project partners of CLIMAFRI have conducted two series of virtual stakeholder workshops to collaborate with stakeholders from governmental organizations, NGOs and scientists from Togo and Benin and to integrate different perspectives of flood risk in the lower mono-river basin. These workshops were organized as an alternative to a personal workshop that was planned in May 2020 and later cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Image14.08.2020ChinaWater managementWithin the framework of the research activities of SIGN and SIGN2, a special issue was published in the journal "Science of the total Environment" with the title "Taihu (China): Water Quality and Processes - From the Source to the Tap".
- Image06.08.2020BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyIn the BestBioPLA project, researchers at the Fraunhofer IFAM are developing new polymers for natural fibre reinforced composites. The first samples are now ready for testing for biodegradability.