Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image04.08.2020KazakhstanLand managementThe project's approach and methods for optimising the cultivation and processing of textile hemp as an alternative to cotton in Kazakhstan are proving to be economically viable and of long-term interest to local actors. This is clear from the significant expansion of the area under cultivation, processing capacities and the product range, as well as the increasing numbers of regional players entering into the business of producing hemp fibres locally.
- Image03.08.2020Water managementIn times of social distancing, important meetings need to transition to an online format and fieldwork may need to be delayed. An international project like ViWaT is well equipped to handle the change from physical to digital meetings, as evidenced by the numerous successful conferences and workshops held in the past months.
- Image02.07.2020UzbekistanLand managementThe Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economics (IAMO) has produced a video tutorial presenting the advantages of using drone technology in agriculture as part of the CLIENT II project KlimALEZ.
- ImageScience to Business and Policy: IAMO scientists support the launch of satellite-based index insurance for Mongolian wheat producers15.06.2020Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, UzbekistanAdaptation to climate change, Natural hazardsKlimALEZ researchers successfully supported the launch of Mongolia’s first index insurance product for wheat growers.
- Image10.06.2020NamibiaSustainable energy systemsThe PROCEED team is very pleased to welcome CENORED as a project partner. The cooperation between the energy provider and the PROCEED team is set to provide useful insights for both sides.
- Image10.06.2020GhanaClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Sustainable energy systemsThe EnerSHelF project team has created a visual overview of their work and the project partners.
- Image10.06.2020KazakhstanAdaptation to climate changeThe CLIENT II project ReKKS was represented at the second International Forum "Dialogue of Young Scientists: Science Talks" organized by the National Agricultural University of Kazakhstan.
- Image26.05.2020ChileResource efficiency and circular economyIn a video interview, the project coordinator of the ReAK project, Anna-Lisa Bachmann, explains the goals of the project, discusses the biggest challenges of the upcoming year, and reflects on how the Corona crisis has affected the project so far.
- Image25.05.2020GhanaAdaptation to climate changeThe Measurement campaign on the contamination status of various water reservoirs in Ghana has started. Even before the first heavy rainfall, the first measurements were carried out at four different locations in Accra, Ghana, at the beginning of May.
- 20.05.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsThe EnerSHelF project plans to install measuring devices related to the use of solar PV energy in health facilities in three locations throughout the country. At this stage of the project, the locations of the three health facilities were set. The three health facilities differ in the number of beds for patients and the health service offered.