Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- 14.11.2019BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyMembers of the German-Brazilian consortium for the REGINA project met for a joint workshop in Brazil from 12 - 14 November 2019.
- ImagePartners familiarise themselves with the TRANSPOND project’s transnational environmental information system13.11.2019Uzbekistan, KyrgyzstanNatural hazardsWISUTEC Umwelttechnik GmbH invited project partners from Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan to Germany for a workshop about the latest progress in developing the transnational environmental information system within the framework of the TRANSPOND project.
- Image05.11.2019VietnamStrong German-Vietnamese cooperation on sustainability research: on 30 October 2019, the third German-Vietnamese Science Day took place in Hanoi. Around 200 participants from the academic, private, and public sectors and intermediary organizations presented a wide variety of bilateral projects on sustainability research.
- Image04.11.2019VietnamLand managementOn 4 and 5 November, German and Vietnamese partners, along with the local BMBF project office in Vietnam, project-executing agency DLR and local stakeholders, launched the project "SHRIMPS" ("Solar-Aquaculture Habitats as Resource-Efficient and Integrated Multilayer Production Systems") in the Mekong Delta.
- Image28.10.2019VietnamResource efficiency and circular economyThe CLIENT II project SAND! officially started in October 2019.
- Image26.10.2019SenegalSustainable energy systemsBetween 21 and 25 October, the Institute for Applied Material Flow Management (IfaS) at Trier University received its Senegalese partners from the Local Sustainable Energy Networks in Senegal (LoSENS) project. They came to the university’s Environmental Campus Birkenfeld to attend the tenth edition of the International Circular Economy Week.
- Image10.10.2019VietnamClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate changeThe CLIENT II project CAMaRSEC was officially launched on 10 October with a kick-off conference and the inauguration of the local project office in Hanoi.
- Image30.09.2019KyrgyzstanWater management, Land management, Sustainable energy systemsOn 30 September 2019, the CLIENT II project ÖkoFlussPlan was officially launched. Nearly 50 German and Kyrgyz stakeholders met for the kick-off in the city of Naryn.
- Image26.09.2019Resource efficiency and circular economy, Water management, Climate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate change, Land management, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsOn 17 and 18 September 2019, representatives of all the joint research projects approved under the CLIENT II funding initiative came together for the first CLIENT II conference, held at the “Umweltforum” in Berlin. The conference provided a networking opportunity for over 50 international research projects and accompanying scientific projects. The 200 participants were able to discuss how to develop and implement innovative solutions in the areas of climate, environment and energy. They were also given a platform to exchange views on current challenges in their work.
- Image07.09.2019GhanaSustainable energy systemsFrom 5 to 7 September 2019, the kick-off workshop for the project EnerSHelf took place in Ghana. On-site, the participants discussed common goals and visited a project site.