Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image04.11.2019VietnamLand managementOn 4 and 5 November, German and Vietnamese partners, along with the local BMBF project office in Vietnam, project-executing agency DLR and local stakeholders, launched the project "SHRIMPS" ("Solar-Aquaculture Habitats as Resource-Efficient and Integrated Multilayer Production Systems") in the Mekong Delta.
- Image28.10.2019VietnamResource efficiency and circular economyThe CLIENT II project SAND! officially started in October 2019.
- Image26.10.2019SenegalSustainable energy systemsBetween 21 and 25 October, the Institute for Applied Material Flow Management (IfaS) at Trier University received its Senegalese partners from the Local Sustainable Energy Networks in Senegal (LoSENS) project. They came to the university’s Environmental Campus Birkenfeld to attend the tenth edition of the International Circular Economy Week.
- Image10.10.2019VietnamClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate changeThe CLIENT II project CAMaRSEC was officially launched on 10 October with a kick-off conference and the inauguration of the local project office in Hanoi.
- Image30.09.2019KyrgyzstanWater management, Land management, Sustainable energy systemsOn 30 September 2019, the CLIENT II project ÖkoFlussPlan was officially launched. Nearly 50 German and Kyrgyz stakeholders met for the kick-off in the city of Naryn.
- Image26.09.2019Resource efficiency and circular economy, Water management, Climate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate change, Land management, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsOn 17 and 18 September 2019, representatives of all the joint research projects approved under the CLIENT II funding initiative came together for the first CLIENT II conference, held at the “Umweltforum” in Berlin. The conference provided a networking opportunity for over 50 international research projects and accompanying scientific projects. The 200 participants were able to discuss how to develop and implement innovative solutions in the areas of climate, environment and energy. They were also given a platform to exchange views on current challenges in their work.
- Image07.09.2019GhanaSustainable energy systemsFrom 5 to 7 September 2019, the kick-off workshop for the project EnerSHelf took place in Ghana. On-site, the participants discussed common goals and visited a project site.
- Image13.08.2019Benin, NigeriaSustainable energy systemsYESPV-NIGBEN is a German-African CLIENT II project that aims to support food and energy production in Nigeria and Benin by developing climate-friendly and efficient land-use resources for food and energy production. At the launch event at the research institute Forschungszentrum Jülich on 13 August, Thomas Rachel (MdB) from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) presented the funding certificates to Prof. Harald Bolt from the Board of Directors of Forschungszentrum Jülich and Dr. Solomon Agbo, who is coordinating the project, as well as other project partners.
- Image04.07.2019KazakhstanOn 24/6/2019, German and Central Asian representatives from science and industry met in Almaty to usher in the launch of the CASIB regional office as part of a stakeholder conference. The event focused on the emergence and strengthening of networks for joint scientific and economic collaboration between Germany and Central Asia in the context of the CLIENT II funding measure.
- Image31.05.2019NamibiaAdaptation to climate change, Sustainable energy systemsAt the beginning of April, the Institute for New Energy Systems (InES) at the Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences (THI) launched a new project for sustainable energy supply in rural Africa: PROCEED (short for "Pathway to Renewable Off-Grid Community Energy for Development").