Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image27.09.2021Georgia, ArmeniaAdaptation to climate change, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsAn article on the DAMAST project was published on the federal government's website on September 23, 2021.
- Image24.09.2021GhanaClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Sustainable energy systemsUpdate on current developments in the EnerSHelF project
- Image24.09.2021ColombiaAdaptation to climate change, Land management, Natural hazardsSince August, the test installation of the Inform@Risk early warning system for slope movements has been carried out in Medellín, where around 100,000 people currently live in areas at risk of landslides. The work is accompanied by information campaigns and workshops with local residents to increase acceptance and responsibility for the system.
- Image24.09.2021NamibiaClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Sustainable energy systemsFor more than six months, students from the Namibia University of Science and Technology conducted a field study in Namibia in cooperation with Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences.
- Image27.08.2021Sustainable energy systemsAt the end of July, Stefanie Meilinger from H-BRS and Steven Denk from WestfalenWIND were invited by EnergieAgentur.NRW to talk about the EnerSHelF project at their podcast “Erneuerbare Energien”. It is now available on their website.
- ImageSpecial Issue of the journal Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences (NHESS) on Multi-risk assessment in the Andes region23.08.2021Natural hazardsOn initiative of the RIESGOS 2.0 project, a special issue of the journal Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences (NHESS) will be published on Multi-risk assessment in the Andes region. The special issue aims at making a significant contribution to single-hazard and multi-hazard risk assessment, including exposure and dynamic vulnerability, and progressing towards the analysis of cascading effects.
- Image21.07.2021Sustainable energy systemsWithin Work Package 1.2, the team of the EnerSHelF project analysis the factors that are determining the adoption of technologies in Ghana – specifically of Solar PVs. To do so, a line of quantitative interviews with health facility managers is currently conducted by ten local enumerators who were trained by the researchers beforehands.
- Image12.07.2021GhanaAdaptation to climate changeIn the end of April 2021, Dorien Lugt, a research associate from HKV visited the Adentan Municipality in the Sakumono basin near Accra to discuss modelling results, flood risk maps and to view the area of Sakumono, especially the most flood-prone areas.
- Image12.07.2021GhanaIn May and June, a GIS workshop was held with students from the University of Ghana as part of the capacity building of work package 4 in the BMBF-funded joint project RAIN. The students are currently writing their master's or doctoral thesis with reference to the RAIN joint project. The course took place on May 17 and June 29, 2021 via the Zoom platform.
- 05.07.2021The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is planning to provide training in the technology of drone-based gamma spectrometry developed at DUB-GEM later this year. A recently published article provides information on the latest progress in the project.