Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image12.02.2024IndonesiaResource efficiency and circular economyThe StratOre project aims to improve the mining processing chain of ore deposits in Indonesia by developing innovative concepts for efficient and sustainable extraction of critical metals such as nickel, cobalt, scandium, and bismuth, silver, antimony, indium, tellurium. Between April and May 2023, researchers from the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF), along with project partners from the Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR), successfully completed a field trip to Indonesia to meet the Indonesian project partners and to visit the project’s two study areas.
- Image12.02.2024Chile, Peru, EcuadorNatural hazardsHazards are rarely isolated: when an earthquake triggers a tsunami, it can exacerbate existing damage and cause disruptions to vital, critical infrastructure. In recent years, experts from Germany, Chile, Ecuador and Peru have been working together in the RIESGOS 2.0 project to better prepare disaster risk management for such complex situations.
- Image12.02.2024BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyThe company RITTEC 8.0 Umwelttechnik GmbH (revolBRAS project coordinator) was awarded as the winner of the Sustainability Open Innovation Program by the Brazilian brand manufacturer Lojas Renner S.A.. In addition, RITTEC organized a second roadshow to Brazil in November 2023. Furthermore, on 26th of January 2024, the first in-person revolBRAS project meeting took place in Germany. The new project partner HORIBA Europe GmbH was integrated and warmly welcomed into the project team.
- ImageTraining for the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) in Almaty12.02.2024KazakhstanThe Institute for Biodiversity - Network e.V. (ibn) organised a regional IPBES capacity building workshop in Almaty, Kazakhstan, with funding from the German Federal Environment Agency's (UBA) Advisory Assistance Programme.
- Image12.02.2024The CLIENT II Science-Policy-Interface project team hosted a side event at the 28th Conference of the Parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC COP 28) entitled “Renewable Energy Solutions on different scales in Africa and the Middle East”. The event primarily focussed on solar energy.
- Image29.01.2024VietnamLand managementAs part of the project OrganoRice, rice production under organic farming started in Vinh Long and An Giang provinces in the Mekong Delta in 2023. Initially, 3 hectares of farmland were converted in each province in order to school local farmers in organic farming. In addition, trials were started in Vinh Long to optimise organic fertilisation, organic pest control, and also variety trials were established.
- Image16.01.2024Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia, South Africa, Benin, Burkina Faso, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, TogoResource efficiency and circular economy, Water management, Climate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate change, Land management, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsThe CLIENT II regional video Africa provides insights into two of the 81 projects within the framework of the BMBF funding programme. The 4th part of the video series is now also featured in the current issue of the BMBF’s FONA newsletter.
- Image15.01.2024JordanAdaptation to climate changeThe CapTain Rain project is pioneering innovative solutions to support climate change adaptation and the achievement of SDG 13 "Climate Action" in Jordan. By developing solutions to utilise rainwater in this arid region, the project also promotes integrated water management and sustainable urban development under SDGs 6 and 11.
- Image19.12.2023GhanaClimate protection/ energy efficiencyThe German Mettler-Toledo company has made a generous hardware donation to the Level-Up project. The provision of a pair of floor scales for industrial use will enable the creation of meaningful mass and energy balances. This is essential for evaluating the operation of the bioenergy park in Ghana.
- Image13.12.2023BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyThe revolBRAS project has been designed to ensure that the innovative revolPET®-technology has environmental, social and economic benefits for the region where it is being piloted in Brazil. It therefore covers the three pillars of sustainability and contributes to the achievement of several of the Sustainable Development Goals – most notably SDGs 1, 12, and 13.