Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image20.10.2020GhanaWater management, Climate protection/ energy efficiencyImplementation of a second measuring campaign at four rainwater retention areas by our partner Envaserv in Accra, Ghana.
- Image14.08.2020ChinaWater managementWithin the framework of the research activities of SIGN and SIGN2, a special issue was published in the journal "Science of the total Environment" with the title "Taihu (China): Water Quality and Processes - From the Source to the Tap".
- Image06.08.2020BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyIn the BestBioPLA project, researchers at the Fraunhofer IFAM are developing new polymers for natural fibre reinforced composites. The first samples are now ready for testing for biodegradability.
- Image04.08.2020KazakhstanLand managementThe project's approach and methods for optimising the cultivation and processing of textile hemp as an alternative to cotton in Kazakhstan are proving to be economically viable and of long-term interest to local actors. This is clear from the significant expansion of the area under cultivation, processing capacities and the product range, as well as the increasing numbers of regional players entering into the business of producing hemp fibres locally.
- Image03.08.2020Water managementIn times of social distancing, important meetings need to transition to an online format and fieldwork may need to be delayed. An international project like ViWaT is well equipped to handle the change from physical to digital meetings, as evidenced by the numerous successful conferences and workshops held in the past months.
- Image02.07.2020UzbekistanLand managementThe Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economics (IAMO) has produced a video tutorial presenting the advantages of using drone technology in agriculture as part of the CLIENT II project KlimALEZ.
- ImageScience to Business and Policy: IAMO scientists support the launch of satellite-based index insurance for Mongolian wheat producers15.06.2020Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, UzbekistanAdaptation to climate change, Natural hazardsKlimALEZ researchers successfully supported the launch of Mongolia’s first index insurance product for wheat growers.
- Image10.06.2020NamibiaSustainable energy systemsThe PROCEED team is very pleased to welcome CENORED as a project partner. The cooperation between the energy provider and the PROCEED team is set to provide useful insights for both sides.
- Image10.06.2020GhanaClimate protection/ energy efficiency, Sustainable energy systemsThe EnerSHelF project team has created a visual overview of their work and the project partners.
- Image10.06.2020KazakhstanAdaptation to climate changeThe CLIENT II project ReKKS was represented at the second International Forum "Dialogue of Young Scientists: Science Talks" organized by the National Agricultural University of Kazakhstan.