Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image25.05.2020GhanaAdaptation to climate changeThe Measurement campaign on the contamination status of various water reservoirs in Ghana has started. Even before the first heavy rainfall, the first measurements were carried out at four different locations in Accra, Ghana, at the beginning of May.
- 20.05.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsThe EnerSHelF project plans to install measuring devices related to the use of solar PV energy in health facilities in three locations throughout the country. At this stage of the project, the locations of the three health facilities were set. The three health facilities differ in the number of beds for patients and the health service offered.
- Image29.04.2020Resource efficiency and circular economyAlthough the project is ongoing, the project coordinators of the CLIENT II project LINOKAS have received their first enquiries to sell the technology they have developed in the project to industrial partners and export it to Central Asia.
- Image28.04.2020KazakhstanLand managementIn a short video clip, Prof. Dr. Georg Guggenberger from the CLIENT II project ReKKS explains the lessons learned so far, his experiences with the local partners and how networking between the project participants can be successful.
- Image11.03.2020ChileNatural hazardsThe source code of the RIESGOS demonstrator is now available on GitHub, a platform for creating and managing collaborative and free software.
- Image05.03.2020VietnamAdaptation to climate change, Sustainable energy systemsOn 5 March 2020 a number of BMBF-funded projects in Vietnam met up for a networking event in Bonn.
- Image28.02.2020KyrgyzstanLand managementIn February researchers from the Ingolstadt University of Technology (THI) and the University for Sustainable Development Eberswalde (HNEE) in cooperation with the Kyrgyz partner university Naryn State University (NSU) conducted a quantitative household survey in the municipality of Ak-Tal. The research group was able to collect important data for the next steps in the project.
- Image24.02.2020SenegalSustainable energy systemsAt the end of November and beginning of December 2019 the IfaS and Nuertingen-Geislingen University Teams visited both project areas in Senegal to meet partners, collect data and advance with the planning and procurement of the investments and the two other pilot projects.
- Image28.01.2020On 28 January 2020, representatives of the CLIENT II joint projects ReKKS, Locust-Tec and KlimALEZ attended the Green Central Asia conference, along with the CLIENT II regional office the Central Asian Sustainable Innovations Bureau (CASIB). The conference hosted by the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin marked the launch of Green Central Asia, a regional initiative on climate and security in Central Asia and Afghanistan.
- Image02.01.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsGerman project partners WestfalenWind and University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhine-Sieg from the joint German-Ghanaian energy project EnerSHelF convened in Paderborn to pack and ship vital measurement equipment to Ghana. The shipment left port in Hamburg on the 2nd of January 2020 and is scheduled to arrive at our project partner WASCAL located in Tema, Ghana on February 17th 2020.