Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- ImageDUB-GEM: Preparatory course with 8 Central Asian experts for the acquisition of the EU certificate of competence A1/A3 for the operation of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) and gamma spectrometry05.05.2021Land management, Natural hazardsAs part of the DUB-GEM project, a UAV-based system is being developed for the aerial gamma spectrometric mapping of uranium mining waste sites. Test flights with a measurement system consisting of UAV and gamma spectrometer are planned for the 4th quarter of 2021 in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- Image09.03.2021Georgia, ArmeniaAdaptation to climate change, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsOne goal of the DAMAST project is to investigate the sediments in the Jvari Reservoir. Before the dam construction the Enguri river had the characteristics of a mountain river. Due to the dam construction the Jvari reservoir developed and with time big and small pieces of rock gravel and sediments fill the reservoir. If this material is mobilized by earthquakes or landslides it could endanger the dam construction. Thus the goal is not only to investigate the bathymetry but also the sediment layers and the composition of the sediments.
- Image03.03.2021Chile, Ecuador, PeruAdaptation to climate change, Land management, Natural hazardsMore and more people around the world are exposed to natural hazards, especially in densely populated cities and conurbations. Effective risk management can save lives here.
- Image03.03.2021KyrgyzstanWater management, Land management, Sustainable energy systemsBased on the on-site household survey assessment performed in February 2020 within the framework of the project ÖkoFlussPlan, Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI) investigated the roadmap to reduce the space heating demand of rural Kyrgyz houses. The simulation-based results show that the proposed suggestions help to save a considerable amount of space heating demand.
- Image24.02.2021GhanaWater management, Adaptation to climate change, Natural hazardsIn cooperation with our Ghanaian partner, the last measurement campaign was carried out at four pilot sites in Accra, Ghana.
- Image22.02.2021GhanaSustainable energy systemsIn November, a team from EnerSHelF’s industry partner WestfalenWIND travelled to Ghana to install a Photovoltaic-Hybrid System at the health facility in Kologo, Ghana.
- Image03.02.2021Armenia, GeorgiaAdaptation to climate change, Sustainable energy systems, Natural hazardsThe field trip from August to end of October 2020 included a variety of installations and measurements concerning borehole drilling for stress analysis, installation of seismometers to detect the tectonic and induced seismicity, field campaigns for regional deformation detection and many more.
- Image16.12.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsIn regular interviews published on the EnerSHelF website, project partners and researchers are giving insight into their work within the project.
- Image06.11.2020ChinaWater managementWithin the scope of SIGN2, membrane modules from Inge were coated with the innovative layer-by-layer technology from Surflay. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the further developed membranes could not be installed as planned at the location of the pilot plant at the waterworks in Wujiang (China), which had previously been sampled several times. Nonetheless, in order to test the new membranes on a pilot scale, an alternative site in Germany was selected.
- Image04.11.2020GhanaSustainable energy systemsA team of German and Ghanaian researchers and technicians installed equipment for collecting meteorological data at the health facilities in Kumasi, Akwatia and Kologo.