Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- ImagePresentation of the BMBF-funded project RAIN in the German pavilion at the World Water Forum in Dakar06.07.2022Senegal, GhanaWater management, Adaptation to climate change, Natural hazardsFrom March 21 to 26, 2022, visitors and exhibitors could inform themselves in Dakar (Senegal) about the RAIN project, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Image29.06.2022JordanClimate protection/ energy efficiencyWithin the JOSSI project, the two-phase flow (water-steam) of a Concentrating Solar Power plant is investigated. Practical preparations for the first measurement campaign have now started.
- Image17.05.2022MoroccoWater management, Land management, Sustainable energy systemsWith a focus on climate-adapted land use in Morocco, the BMBF-funded project SuLaMo is dedicated to improving crop productivity through novel, water-saving soil and irrigation techniques.
- Image18.04.2022NamibiaSustainable energy systemsAfter more than two years of purely digital exchanges and extensive Zoom calls, the PROCEED team was finally able to meet in person in Namibia! From April 2 - 15, representatives from Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI), University of Bayreuth (UBT), Hochschule Neu-Ulm (HNU) and IBC SOLAR AG were able to visit partners in Windhoek and travel to Tsumkwe and Gam – two of the project’s selected case study communities.
- Image10.04.2022VietnamWater managementThe ViWaT Engineering project team carried out geotechnical exploratory drilling in Vietnam in April 2022. The data obtained will be used, among other things, to help develop the concept for protecting the eroding coastline in the Mekong Delta.
- Image09.04.2022BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyThe revolBRAS project is developing a holistic solution for recycling composite packaging containing PET in Brazil. The project has just achieved its first milestone with the completion of a market analysis that will provide the basis for the market launch of the patented revolPET® technology.
- Image31.03.2022ChinaAfter around ten years and with the end of its current BMBF funding phase, the BMBF project office "Clean Water" in Shanghai will close its doors on March 31, 2022.
- Image17.01.2022GhanaSustainable energy systemsInterview with the EnerSHelF project leaders - originally published at the Bonn Sustainability Portal. They are talking about project goals, the project's progress as well as the challenges that are faced.
- ImageÖkoFlussPlan: Start of Construction Works For “Real Lab” in Kyrgyzstan to Showcase Use of Solar Energy and Sustainable Insulation Materials11.01.2022KyrgyzstanLand managementThe construction of “Real Lab” has been begun – a community house, to demonstrate the use of sustainable energy solutions, and impact of sustainable insulation material in high-altitude and cold climatic region of rural Kyrgyzstan.
- Image20.12.2021KyrgyzstanLand managementIn freezing temperatures, a stakeholder workshop was held in December 2021 in the village of Ak-Tal, Kyrgyzstan. The participants from different local interest groups discussed controversially the condition and protection of their alluvial forest area. Thanks to the Conservation Standards method, a coherent picture of the situation emerged and consensus strategies were formulated.